- This event has passed.
The National Association of State Workforce Agencies 2017 Veterans Conference
August 16, 2017 @ 8:00 am - August 18, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
The National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) is a national organization of state administrators of the publicly-funded state workforce system, including the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), employment services, training programs, unemployment insurance, employment statistics and labor market and workforce information. NASWA delivers policy expertise on workforce development, including unemployment insurance and other transitional support, as the voice of state workforce agencies.
To enhance the state workforce agencies’ ability to accomplish their goals, statutory roles and responsibilities.
To be a leading national advocate for workforce development policy and catalyst for system advances.
OUR STRATEGIC GOALS
Drive the national agenda for workforce policy by:
- Being the respected voice of state workforce systems;
- Defining national policy on workforce and related issues; and by
- Aligning the work of our national partners
Provide high value member services by:
- Building an active network for state administrators;
- Sharing best practices to successfully advance the national and state workforce system, improving business climate and economic opportunities for employers and job seekers; and by
- Providing workforce program and technology solutions.