- This event has passed.
Hiring, Culture, & Leadership: Growing a Startup Team
June 14 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
“I am convinced that nothing we do is more important than hiring and developing people. At the end of the day, you bet on people, not on strategies.” – Lawrence Bossidy, Former CEO of AlliedSignal, COO of General Electric
Based on the hundreds of conversations we’ve had with founders, we’ve found that building a strong team is, at once, both the most challenging aspect of growing a company and the most important job of a founder. It requires thoughtful planning and vision about what your company will need in the next few years, and the kind of culture you want to start building from day 1
And as you grow your company from 3 employees, to 10, to 30, to 100+, how does your hiring strategy change? What about your culture? And how do you manage and lead your growing team?
Join us as we discuss hiring, culture, and leadership topics for entrepreneurs:
- Hiring your first 10 employees
- Hiring and recruiting strategies
- Defining your company culture
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Managing a team through the inherent ups, downs, and changes of any startup
- Building and managing startup teams
- Developing leadership skills as a founder/manager
- Succeeding in the long term as a leader
- And much more!
About the panelists
- Daniel Chait is CEO & Co-founder of Greenhouse, which designs tools that help create and navigate the new world of work. Daniel has been a technology entrepreneur in New York for over 20 years. Before Greenhouse, he co-founded Lab49, a global firm providing technology consulting solutions for the world’s leading investment banks. Daniel is a proud graduate of the Computer Engineering program at University of Michigan (#GoBlue!).
- Neil Capel is the Founder & Chairman of Sailthru. Neil’s successful track record of working on large-scale, high-demand web systems led him to develop Sailthru’s high transaction customer data set enabling brands to provide a unique experience to each and every customer. Starting by personalizing the web in conjunction with email in 2008 and growing the company to the enterprise offering it is today with 40MM+ in revenue. Prior to founding Sailthru, Neil was the Chief Technology Officer for MusicNation, an AlleyCorp company, ASmallWorld, and Money-Media (acquired by The Financial Times). Today, Neil is also an adviser to several startups, including Refinery29.com, and is a Venture Partner at Bowery Capital, a seed stage venture fund focused on transformational upgrades to enterprise technologies.
- Nam Nguyen, General Manager at GIPHY. Nam is the General Manager at GIPHY, the world’s largest library of animated GIFs. He’s also an advisor at #BUILTBYGIRLS, and a mentor at Rough Draft Ventures. Prior to GIPHY, Nam was the Head of Business Development and Strategy at Aviary.
6:30 – 6:50: Drinks & Networking
6:50 – 7:50: Panel
7:50 – 8:15: Audience Q&A
8:15 – 9:00: More Drinks & Networking
Stacklist hosts startup events in NYC to help entrepreneurs learn from successful founders & experts. Previous speakers have included the founders of Greenhouse, Movable Ink, x.ai, and Techstars. You can find all of our past events and speakers here!
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
Thanks to Alley powered by Verizon for hosting our event. Alley powered by Verizon locations are developed by Verizon, the world’s leading technology company, in collaboration with Alley, a membership-only community workspace for creators. Each location is a curated community powered by the emerging technologies and thought-leadership of Verizon.