- This event has passed.
B2B Marketing & Customer Acquisition Strategies for Startups
March 14 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
In late 2016, analyst firm International Data Corporation predicted that global spending on I.T. products and services will reach $2.7 trillion in 2020, a 12.5% increase from the projected $2.4 trillion in sales for 2016.
That’s good news for B2B businesses and startups building products for the enterprise. But selling to enterprise customers and other small businesses has a unique set of challenges and nuance that can be daunting for any startup.
Selling for the enterprise requires a keen understanding of your product and the dynamics and trends in the market, as well as good pricing, marketing and people who do the selling. You also need to show how your product will make your potential customer’s business more productive and profitable.
Join us as we discuss B2B Marketing & Customer Acquisition topics like
- Getting customers for an MVP or pilot.
- Pricing your product for businesses.
- Differentiating between marketing and sales. And coordinating between the two.
- Hiring and growing marketing and sales teams.
- Leveraging channels like paid advertising and social.
- Understanding the role of branding and awareness marketing.
- Calculating lifetime value, the cost of acquisition and other key metrics.
- Qualifying customers & leads.
- And, as always, thinking about where to begin.
About the panelists:
- Karen Moon, Co-founder & CEO of Trendalytics – Trendalytics is a predictive intelligence platform that helps brands and retailers understand which fashion trends resonate most with consumers. Karen and Trendalytics are part of the NY Fashion Tech Lab Inaugural Class, and are Entrepreneur Roundtable Accelerator Alumni. Karen has 15+ years of retail and technology experience that span across all parts of the supply chain – department stores, luxury retailers, and independent designers.
- Chris Robison, General Manager, Direct Business at Poppin – Poppin is an NYC based startup that offers modern, cool office supplies and furniture. They’re used by companies like Facebook, Snapchat, Google, Warby Parker, and Harry’s. Chris is the General Manager of Direct Business at Poppin. Prior to Poppin, Chris was a Senior Director of Product and Strategy at Adobe.
- Dan Reich, Co-founder & CEO of Troops – Troops is the leading integration platform between Salesforce & Slack. They raised more than $9 million in venture funding in 2016, with investors including First Round Capital and Slack. Dan has started and been involved with companies that have collectively raised over $100M in venture capital and have exited for close to $1B in M&A, including companies like Buddy Media, Spinback and Lotame.
- Megan Bowen, VP of Sales and Account Management at Managed by Q – Megan currently leads the account management team at Managed by Q, the platform for office management. Her team is responsible for selling business-critical office services to existing clients, and providing workplace advice to thousands of companies with complex needs in the janitorial and maintenance spaces. Prior to Q, Megan built the account management function for GrubHub/Seamless from scratch, and scaled the B2B client experience and account management structure for Seamless’ 5,000+ business clients. She also built the post-sale client-facing teams at ZocDoc from the ground up. Megan graduated from Adelphi University with a degree in Business Management.
6:30 – 6:50: Drinks & Networking
6:50 – 7:50: Panel
7:50 – 8:15: Audience Q&A
8:15 – 9:00: More Drinks & Networking
Attend all of our events in March by purchasing a March Event Pass and get access to March 7: StackTalk w/ Isaac Oates, March 14: B2B Marketing & Customer Acquisition, and March 21: Consumer Goods & Product Development, and March 28: Design Advice for Startups.
Stacklist hosts startup events in NYC to help entrepreneurs learn from successful founders & experts. Previous speakers have included the founders of Greenhouse, Movable Ink, x.ai, and Techstars. You can find all of our past events and speakers here!
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to Alley powered by Verizon for hosting our event. Alley powered by Verizon locations are developed by Verizon, the world’s leading technology company, in collaboration with Alley, a membership-only community workspace for creators. Each location is a curated community powered by the emerging technologies and thought-leadership of Verizon.